Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Hello Stranger!

...So, it's been nearly, I dunno, like two years (or more) since I last posted anything on my blog. My last blog entry was the announcement that I was finally pregnant and oh my my, what ride it has been! The pregnancy FLEW by! I worked so much & was so sick and exhuasted that I didn't keep up with blogging but I did keep a VERY detailed journal that I wrote in at least twice a week for the duration of the pregnancy. I'm going to give it to our daughter one day when she's old enough to appreciate it. I will probably go through it and blog some of my old entries every now and again.


We were thrilled to welcome Emery Noel Phillips into our arms on Tuesday, February 8, 2011. She weighed 6 lbs, 10 oz and was 19 inches long. She just turned TWO! I can't believe it...time both flies and crawls. She was a healthy infant with the exception of yucky colic and acid reflux. She was definitely a high maintenance baby (wonder where she got that?)! And now she's a TODDLER - WHEW! She keeps Mama & Daddy on their toes! She began sleeping through the night at 16 weeks old and Brad and I couldn't have been more thankful! It was the "break" we needed. I had terrible guilt associated with not really "loving" motherhood. I wasn't the warm fuzzy Mom that LOVED being at home. I recognize that millions of women wish/dream they could stay at home...I recognize the privilege, believe me. But I also recognize that God wires us each differently and gifts us specifically - and I am, without a doubt, an EXTROVERT. So being at home with an infant that only screamed and spewed was not ideal. It was not what the Rom-Coms and the Parenting magazines promised. It wasn't sweet and beautiful...it was awful! If I showered once a week during the first four months of Emmy's life, that was a success. Don't judge me...okay, judge me. I don't care. I survived! And Brad survived! And Emery survived! By the grace of God's goodness, we survived! 

So now I'm back to blogging. I'll be more faithful. I promise. Pinkie swear. I have new inspiration in my heart & mind to keep me steadfast...and I'll tell you about that inspiration later this week, but for now I gotta run!

Till then...

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read every single one!! I remember when Jenn and you, used to tell me how pretty I was and always made me feel so much better about myself, my weight has always been a struggle, which led me into the darkness, METH, I am clean now, all I had to hear were those precious words "your pregnant" Brenden Micheal Loveall, Born August the 30th 1998. was ,y saving grace by God, and now he is going to be a freshman, and I hurt for you so much, and felt so ashamed, when I would read your blogs, but atleast when I found out I was having a baby, and I have lost one too, but at 16, I may be shocking you, these were things I AM NOT PROUD OF...but I loved my baby enough to get away from all that, so when he was 9 months, I packed our bags and left, so I wouldn't have to be around the people, although unsuccessful kept trying to suck me back in that picture, I thank my grandma Loveall for taking me to church, I absorbed it all, just didn't realize it until I was getting remarried and he killed in a car wreck, while going through a bitter divorce, because I had to have a surgery to get pregnant with my oldest daughter who is now 8, so I can relate, then God Blessed my then husband and I, 1 more time, with my youngest who will be 6 next month, we were having alot of martial problems, and I thought then maybe God is doing this to try and help fix us, wake us up to what we have, marriage counseling wasn't working and he wouldn't try church with me, so I nervously go home and tell him we were having another baby, and he yelled at me and said time for an abortion, I WAS STUNNED, and my heart shut down right then, HOW COULD YOU????? SO I LOVE READING YOUR BLOGS!!

    Love,
    your cousin Cassey

    ReplyDelete